Your procedure will be conducted in a comfortable environment with hassle-free hospital admission and discharge on the same day!
Its Use For:
- One cannot eat or drink for at least 6 hours before the procedure.
- Inform your doctor regarding medications that you are taking as some would need to be stopped a few days prior to procedure.
- A consent will be taken before the procedure.
- The procedure normally lasts about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Before the procedure, the doctor will spray a type of medication to numb the back of your throat to make it easier for you to swallow the endoscopy tube.
- One will be given a choice if he/ she requires medication to make him/her drowsy(a sedative) during the procedure. This medication is to calm and relax the patient.
- Possible complications of upper endoscopy include bleeding and puncture of the stomach lining. However, such complications are rare. The overall risk is less than 1 out of 1000 people.
- Most people will probably have nothing more than a mild sore throat after the procedure.
- After the procedure, one is asked to rest especially if sedative is given and results would be explained thereafter.
- If one if planning to have a sedative, he/ she will need to take someone along on day of procedure as he/she is not allowed to drive for the rest of the day and should have someone to go home with.
Gastroscopy is available now in SC Ipoh and SC Taman Megah.
For more information or to make appointment, please contact us at:
Tel :1-800-88-7171 Email : [email protected]